Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It really was HER idea!

Cassidy has been asking me for months if she could get her ears pierced. My answer has always been "Yes, when do you want to do it?" (I wanted to pierce her ears when she was a baby, but I kept chickening out.) Then she would hedge a bit and say, "Maybe when I'm 5 or 7." The matter would then drop for a few weeks. Well, recently she changed her answer to, "How about we go pierce my ears today." I stalled her until after our camping trip (thanks, but no thanks to newly pierced ears and bacteria laden, infection inducing lake water!) We also convinced her to wait until her Aunt Becky came.

Aunt Becky arrived on Monday and here we are on Tuesday at Claire's to get our ears pierced. I had explained previously to Cassidy what was going to happen. I was hoping they would be able to do both ears at the same time, but alas, there was only one gal working that day. So the big moment came for ear #1 and, I have to say, I WAS NERVOUS! I was feeling jittery and pacing a bit. But maybe it was worse for the little girl in the hot seat!

It was a little dicey after ear #1 was completed. I was worried we were going to be heading out of there with only one ear done. But I grabbed the Cass in a sweet, loving but quite firm hug and the store clerk was FAST (I'm guessing she is used to this). And before we knew it (well, Cass probably knew it), it was done!

She may have thought, right when this picture was snapped, that she made a mistake. But her tears didn't last long! In fact, she perked up right up and then convinced me she needed a bracelet to match her new earrings!

Here she is! My big girl with pretty sparkly PINK flowers in her ears. You can click on the picture to get the full effect! Oh, and if you are wondering which bracelet she chose, she picked the multi-colored flower bracelet to the right of her. Each flower has a faux diamond as its center! Can't go wrong there!
Cassidy is happy with her newly pierced ears and Randy and I think she looks wonderfully cutie!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

Aunt Becky relayed this story to me over the phone and I hoped it would make an appearance on the blog. So proud of Cass for not only getting the job done, but conning Mom into a bracelet too. Well played! Love y'all bunches.

grandebbie said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so proud of you, Cass!! Those earrings (and ears, for that matter) are cutie patootie!!