Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm #1!

As Reed and I were sitting at the table doing his homework this afternoon, I was joking around with him about how much I love him....a little, as a friend, not at all, etc...

I always end this exchange with telling him that, "of all the little boys in the world, you are my favorite and I love you the most because God gave you to me!"

So we keep working, and after a few minutes he says, "Mom, of all the girls in the world, you are my #1 favorite. And my #2 is....(are you ready for this)...

...Harriet Tubman!

I laughed and laughed, but hey, I am keeping GREAT company!

And yes, February is Black History Month.

4 comments:

Pennie said...

Oh my goodness, that is precious! I found your blog while blog-hopping this morning - glad I did! That made me smile!

Smiles from the Road said...

Great way to start my day - with a good laugh! I love that Reed!
Gram Ava

Tamra said...

Who knew you were so elite, huh?!

Anonymous said...

That's so very cute, Arwen. It's great to see you here. Your kids are absolutely adorable. How old are they? --Marla Robbins Finley