Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Additions

Reed's name hanging above his bed. We love the snorkeler!
Cassidy's perfectly pink name announcing the entrance to her room! Great job, Gran Debbie!
Assembling Cassidy's bed.
Hard at work. Where is that child's pants?!?
Reed and Daddy working together.
The finished product.
The fish tank.

We have had a few new additions to our home decor lately. First, Gran Debbie made both the kids a name painting to hang in their rooms. They look fabulous! Thanks Gran Debbie!

Next, we bought a bed for Cassidy's room. We have really been remiss in decorating a room for Cassidy and it was her Daddy who finally had enough. He said, "We are buying a bed for my little girl and hanging some pictures up in her room." Poor Cass - she got a decorating dud for a mom! (I think she'll survive...I'm teaching her other important things like, "Buck up, camper!" and "Don't squeeze the lizard too hard or you'll squish him!") The kids had a blast helping Daddy put the bed together. Cassidy was especially excited to be a helper...that girl is really strong. She and Randy lifted and carried the box springs by themselves. I know it doesn't weigh a whole lot, but it is definitely large and unwieldy!

Finally, my fishy family added a fish tank. Currently, it is freshwater and inhabited mostly by bluegills caught in the pond outside. There is one lone gold African cichlid inherited with the tank. The plan is to eventually convert to salt water, but for now I'm just glad to have fish in the house again!

4 comments:

Tamra said...

I loved the snorkeler on Reed's painting too! Gran Debbie did a great job. Becky put in an order for a sign for her classroom and I might be on the list after that to get one for my office. What can I say -- all the cool kids have one!

Looks like the room makeover went well and the fish have a wonderful new home.

Love y'all!

grandebbie said...

I'm so glad those names survived the trip to Florida... great job, Aunt Becky!! :) They look great in your rooms and I'm so glad you're enjoying them.
We love and miss you all...
GranDebbie and Pa David

grandebbie said...

I forgot to tell you... we have a new addition to our fishtank. Last week Pa David was driving down a street near our home and came upon a crayfish. Not just an average crayfish... an "awful big" one!! The critter, when faced with a CRV, immediately went into its defensive posture... looking remarkably like a small and "crabby" version of Richard Nixon!! Anyway, it is having a grand time in our tank... yanking up the plants and enjoying the ham tidbits provided by Pa David!!
Ahhh... the world of a wildlife biologist... :):):)
Love ya,
GranDebbie

Becky said...

The new bed looks great!!! The signs look fantastic as well and I have most assuredly put in my order for a sign! I love you guys and not to rub it in but we have just gotten in from tubing on the Frio!!!!! And just for Arwen and Randy the text gurus...LOL!