Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Break - Harlingen

After we spent a great weekend in San Antonio, we headed south to my parent's house in Harlingen. We were celebrating my Dad's retirement and ending the week with Easter. Needless-to-say, we had a wonderful visit!!!
The happiest kid in the world.
The happiest kid in the world and his very happy Dad!

Laura, Cassidy and Vivian on the pipe.
(My siblings, friends and I spent MANY happy hours playing on this very
pipe!)

Reed and Colten in the pipe, Hallie and Vivian on the pipe and Cass
observing the pipe.



Dad's Retirement Brunch in Mom's backyard gardens.


The ceremonial "cutting of the tie" to symbolize the end of Dad's
supervisor years.

Dad

Ready to hunt eggs.
Please note that we slowed down the 3 oldest kids by giving them little tiny baskets they had to fill, run back, dump into their big baskets and then run back for more eggs.

Happy kids in their jammies

Happy kids all ready for church!

1 comment:

Allie in AZ said...

Ooohh, nice! What a fun time you guys had! I'm finding myself waxing a little nostalgic for Harlingen :) I CANNOT wait for summer so that you and I can chitchat on the phone again! :) As it stands right now, I am planning on working at least 1 more year, we are trying to be diligent about paying down our bills...

I miss you tons. It looks as though all is well with you, hope these next several weeks fly by so that I can catch up on all your goings-on.

Did I read that little Miss Blankinship made her debut? Give the Mark Blankinship family our love and hellos and congratulations!! The kids still call him 'Uncle Mark' from our weekend at the ranch and from when he came out to Phoenix on business. Many blessings to Mark, Tamara, and baby Marin :)

Love ya Arn!

Allie