Thursday, January 8, 2009

One Happy Kid!


I am a little late in posting this, but...better late than never!


Reed lost his first tooth over the New Year's weekend and BOY was he EXCITED! In fact, we all were!


He went to the dentist back in October and she told him (and me because I was standing right there) that his tooth was loose. Well...here it was January and he was still wiggling that same VERY loose tooth! I think seeing Maddie with all those teeth missing and all the verbal encouragement from everyone convinced him to just pull it out!


So we all waited, with bated breath (this all occurred right at the end of supper, so all 9 of us were sitting at the table), as Reed wiggled it around and then pulled it right out! We all, spontaneously, started cheering and he was jumping up and down and pumping his fist in the air like he had just won the World Series! It was priceless!


And ,just like that, his whole smile changed and all I can see when I look at him is a BOY...not a little boy, but a boy. Definitely bittersweet for me! It helps that he is still so stinkin' cute.


The tooth fairy left him FIVE BUCKS(I guess the economy hasn't really hit fairy land) and a note (shaped like a tooth) letting him know that he can keep this tooth to show his grandparents when they visit. So the teeny little and easily misplaced tooth is sitting proudly in an 8oz. Styrofoam cup on Randy's dresser just waiting for Gram's visit in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Tamra said...

I've taken a little hiatus from the blogosphere, but wanted to get caught up on all your fun goings on. I am super excited for Reed -- but you're right, he does look like a BOY. How does that happen so quickly?! Looks like a super time with the Bennetts. Hope you don't get bored of all those cool places so you can show us around when we finally make it out there! Love to all!