Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Potentially, we look ALOT "campy"

Our kids and the kids from the campsite next to us enjoying pancakes and BACON!
Nothing says red neck like your dog on a big piece of card board.

Did I mention we (dare I say...I) looked "campy"? But notice
the very happy smile
(and it isn't just because I'm wearing a Harding shirt..,I say Harding - you say GREAT!)
Kung Fu Reed
Loving the trees!
My favorite people in the WHOLE WORLD!

We had a great weekend camping in central Florida about 10 days ago. It was the maiden voyage of "The Rio" (our name for our pop up camper). And boy, the AC really makes Mommy nap time in the afternoon AWESOME!

All in all, it was a very successful trip. There MAY have been a few MINOR hiccups along the way.

I did forget trash bags and we only had 2 Almaty bags TOTAL...and we had a dog to clean up after for 3 days...2 bags and 3 days...not a good situation. The irony of this is that I have continual guilt of the ENORMOUS mound of Wal Mart bags stashed in the garage. I keep meaning to take them back to the store to recycle them (although I have my suspicions, completely unfounded of course, that they don't really recycle them, but just pretend like they do, but I digress), but I keep forgetting to put them in the car. Just like all those nice reusable bags Mom buys me when she's out here. They, too, never seem to make it into the store. Hence, my guilt. THOUSANDS of Wal Mart bags...and I have NO trash bags for all our trash and a very volatile doggie mess situation. My Prince Charming saved the day and made a run into town for bags!

Prince Charming also had to get out of bed at 3AM on Saturday night to pick up all of the garbage the raccoons spread around our site. Did our ferocious beast of a dog alert us to their presence? No, she was too busy snoring in the air conditioning with us to hear or smell a raccoon. Nope, the rascals gave themselves away with a growling hissing fight. But they didn't manage to get into the cooler and steal my bacon so all was okay.
So we deemed our trip a success and we are already trying to find another weekend to plan a get away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like soooo much fun!!! and what wonderful memories!!!
Hilarious that your dog didn't "tell" you about the raccoon! Love it!!!

brian b. said...

You have a Lovin family and Adorable children, you have been blessed!