Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's a bird...it's a plane...no! It's Bionic Becky!

Okay, my mom took all these pictures, so I'm assuming Becky is in this crowd of swimmers...and NOT one of the ones using a POOL NOODLE in a triathlon!
Riding her bike...Julie P. is on the bike right behind her
Becky and Julie running...and Becky is smiling and waving at the camera...show off :)!
Becky and Julie at the finish line! Whoo-hoo!
In the finisher's circle!
Becky and Mom
Becky and Dad

My sister, Becky, completed the Danskin Triathlon Sprint one week ago today! She and a good friend, Julie P. (as I call her and not to be confused with Julie C.) swam 1/2 a mile, biked 13 miles and ran 3 miles with 3,100 other women on a very warm June day in Austin, TX. Becky and Julie finished in 2 hours and 27 minutes. And I am VERY proud of her! Way to go, Sister! I am impressed on number of levels: 1. That she even agreed to attempt this thing in JUNE in Texas; 2. She not only agreed to do it, but completed it with a great time and 3. Already has plans to do it again next year and try to improve her time to under 2 hours! But, Becky is definitely a trail blazer in our family...Africa, Machu Pichu, 1/2 marathon in Alaska, and now a triathlon. I'm thinking I'd better get on the stick or I'm going to win the title of most boring sister...but I did finish the floors yesterday! Great job, Becky! We are very impressed and very proud of our own Aunt Bionic Becky!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Becky (and Julie)!!! I think they're insane for all that craziness, but I am totally proud of them for working so hard not only in the training for but completion of the event. Way to go!

And yes, if I ever entered a triathlon, it would be with pool noodle in hand! :)

Love y'all...and Happy Father's Day to Randy!

CM said...

Good work Becky! The next time someone comes to Austin, let us know.

btw - Julie shared your blog w/ me. Cute kiddos!