Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emerson Point...again!

Here is a picture of the path leading past the spot we always play at. Very pretty!
Normally the water only comes up to the mangrove tree roots.
Cassidy told me she was making a flag - looks good to me.
Reed constructing a harbor for fish to swim up into.
I love being at the water AND having green plants around!
This is what happens if I get out of my chair.
Reed is finally able to get out there and search for critters.
The day's haul: 4 shrimp and 2 crabs. Sounds almost like the beginning of a Bible parable!
I made him release everything. Mean mom!

I took the kids to EP today. It is a quick drive, cheap (free) and always popular adventure. The tide was at an all time high when we arrived, so most of the area we normally have as "beach" was under water. This also meant the sea grass areas where Reed likes to drag his net were quite a bit deeper - up to his neck. He was initially quite disappointed, but then we began some sand building and things improved. We were there for about 4 hours and the tide was going out the whole time. This meant that Reed was able to net up some critters which is the marker of a successful trip. Randy is working late tonight so this broke up our day. That is very important in keeping the Mom sane!

No comments: