Monday, July 7, 2008

We had a busy weekend...really!

Sacked out Reed
Sleeping Cassidy

The Blankinships had a very nice 4th of July weekend. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to post of any of the fun events...just the aftermath. Somehow, I didn't take a single picture during our little 4th of July cookout. Maybe it was standing outside in the hot sun with the other ladies corralling the kids that fried my brain. We had a nice time, though.

On Saturday, we took the canoe out and I forgot the camera. Randy and I were hoping that would jinx us so we would catch some really big fish since we couldn't take pictures of them, but, alas, no fish and no pictures! I did snap the above pictures to document a VERY RARE EVENT at our house...2 sleeping children in the middle of the day. See, we really did wear them out with fun! I'm kicking myself for not taking a couple of pictures that night at 10:30 PM when both kids were STILL AWAKE and giggling...oh well.

Yesterday afternoon, I thought it would be fun to take the kids to see the Speed Racer movie at the dollar theatre. Well, I didn't do my homework or I would have known that this movie, rated PG, had some curse words, a bloody beating scene and a 10 year old making an obscene gesture at an adult. Needless to say, the kids were oblivious to most of it (except for that violent scene), but Randy and I were horrified. So we packed up a couple of wailing kids and left in the middle. Not exactly a picture perfect moment. Next time I'll go to Crosswalk.com to read the reviews BEFORE going...it will save me a post-meltdown headache! We did let the kids eat their dinner in the living room watching Beauty and the Beast and then we played a rousing game of Bird Bingo. They went to bed happy.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

The sleeping kiddos say it all! Glad you had a great 4th!