Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween: From the Beautiful to the Spooky!



Ballerina Cassidy

Isn't she just gorgeous?!?
Yes, I'm her Mom!


So cute...I had to post another picture.
Her grandmas will thank me.



The making of a mummy.

Wrapping his head.
Reed's costume was slightly labor intensive.
He was very patient as we "mummified" him.
Trick or treating at our neighbor's house.

The annual Halloween picture.
To get the full effect, you should click on the picture to enlarge it.

Halloween was so fun this year! The kids have been excited all week and were so happy to put on their costumes and go Trick or Treating! I got them all "duded up", watched them go next door and then sent them on their way...with their DADDY! Yep, I stayed home and passed out candy to other people's children. And I liked it!

It has come to my attention from past year's experiences that I have a major Trick or Treat character flaw. I'm not sure if it comes from some highly competitive gene or that I am too tightly wound(say it isn't so?!) or some combo of both, but I have to FIGHT the urge to constantly hurry the kids along so we can hit all the houses BEFORE all the other kids do!

Now, that is truly pitiful.

I don't want the candy. I don't want the kids eating the candy. But I sure don't want someone getting all of the unwanted candy before my kids can!

I told you...CHARACTER FLAW!

So, I decided it would be way more fun for all involved if "Crazy Mom" stayed home to pass out the candy and "Nice, calm, normal Dad" took the 2 cuties on their way! And I was right. I had fun...I love seeing all the costumes. The kids had BIG FUN! And Dad had fun (or was, at least, enough resigned to his fate to not complain).

4 comments:

Pa David said...

Wow! Reed is really spooky and pink princess Cassidy is a real cutie. Wish we could have seen them in person. Great job on the costumes. Love, Pa David

Tamra said...

Aunt Becky hit a homer with the mummy wrap idea! And Cass is, as always, pretty in pink. Hugs and kisses to my cuties!

Smiles from the Road said...

Wonderful costumes! Cassidy, in her favorite color, pink- a most beautiful ballerina!
Reed truly looked the part of the "mummy" - stiff walk and all.
Wish I could have had them ring my doorbell for special treats.
Love you,
Gram Ava

Becky said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Cassidy is gorgeous in her outfit and I am not biased as I am not her mom just an aunt!!! Reed looked awesome in the mummy outfit and I am so glad that he got the stiff walk down as well. Hopefully he moaned as well! I am totally taking credit for the idea of his outfit!
Love ya'll
Becky