Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tree Trimming Fun!

Precious kids...and they smell good too!
Fresh from the tub!
The bottom heavy tree (must be a girl tree...hee hee)!

Picking out ornaments to hang.

Reed and Grandma Jane hanging ornaments.

Cassidy putting an ornament on the tree.
Can you tell she had fruit punch at dinner tonight?

We finished decorating the tree tonight! It took us 2 days. Yesterday we did tree assembly and lights. Tonight we hung all of the ornaments and trimmings. I actually enjoyed pacing ourselves. The kids were so cute. They "oohed and aahed" over every ornament.

In case you hadn't already figured it out, I'm not a very formal person. I'm guessing we won't win any Hallmark card moment awards with our fruit punch stained kids in all the pictures. I did get the cutie pictures after their baths though.

I was also so glad to see them hang all the ornaments in the one section in the front. How classic! Reed was so funny. He would see an ornament that he loved so he had to hang it on the same branch with another 2 ornaments that he loved. Or he would hang all three gingerbread men on the same branch since they were the same type of ornament.

Yes, I'm rearranging to even out the tree. I'll let you know if the kiddos notice!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

What fun!!! Uncle Marky and I worked hard to get our tree "up and running" the night we got back from our Fat Turkey trip. I love decorating for the holidays!

Reedo and Cass, I miss you especially much and wish I could give you bedtime hugs and snuggles.

Love to all!

Allie in AZ said...

Your tree looks great! Don't touch a thing. Ours is much the same. Gotta love little people with little armspans.

Every year at this time I miss getting together with you guys for pizza and cookie decorating.

Miss you tons and count you among our blessings.

Love you,
The Engle Crew