Monday, April 21, 2008

Camping Weekend at Hillsbourough River State Park

Mommy and Cassidy in front of our tent.
Cassidy "helping" Daddy boil water for coffee.
Playing dolls with Emma
Peeling potatoes for the fried potatoes and onions.
Reed and Hunter goofing around.

I am supposed to be cleaning the kitchen, sweeping and mopping and folding the clothes, but instead, in this act of true selflessness(is that even a word?), I am posting pictures of our camping trip this past weekend. I just knew everyone was waiting to see them, so I am gladly shirking my duties to put them on the blog. I just give until it hurts (hee hee). We had a great time. The kids really wore themselves out having fun. It was definitely worth all of the work to get ready to go and all of the work cleaning up afterwards. Did I mention it is a LOT of work...but still a worthwhile venture. Even Randy said, "It feels like we were gone for longer than just a weekend." Now, is that a positive comment...like it was very relaxing or a negative comment...like "this weekend is never going to end" ? The answer - a positive comment. We really enjoyed being away from the house and all of our regularly scheduled jobs, duties and activities!

1 comment:

Pa David said...

Howdy everyone,

I have got to get in the habit of checking the blog. Congratulations to Reed on his Honor Roll accomplishment. I too was much impressed with Cassidy and Lego projects. A budding engineer? But then I love to play with Lego myself. Love to all,

Pa David