Thursday, April 3, 2008

To boldly go...where I've never gone before

Here are some of our pictures from today's trip to Emerson Point! We had a great time!


Reed is holding a banded tulip snail in his hand.

Cassidy made a princess castle. The only thing that would make her happier is if the sand was pink!

Greetings!




This feels rather monumental to me, but I realize that it is entirely possible only my mom will ever even see this! I have been reading a few blogs for a number of months now and I've been toying with the idea of actually creating one for our family. Mom said she would like me to start one...so here I am.As we live so far away from our families, it makes sense to create a space to keep everyone up-to-date on our lives.



It is Thursday of Reed's Spring Break from school and we have really been enjoying the laid back pace of this week. Today I took the kids to Emerson Point to play around in Tampa Bay. We had a really great time. I took my chair, lunch and my book. The kids played in the water, sand and mangroves. Let's see...we caught hermit crabs, a banded tulip, mangrove crabs and a molted horshoe crab shell. We saw alot of fish and a spider crab. Sitting there in the shade with my feet in the water enjoying the perfect weather made me remember why being a stay-at-home mom is a great job! Then Reed fell off the LOW mangrove branch he was sitting on and scratched up his lower back rather badly. He cried while we packed up, all the way home, in the bath, and loudly while I doctored it. Finally, we got him all bandaged up and convinced him he'll live. We still had a good day overall!



Well, supper preparations call...or that could just be the kids yelling in the front yard!!!

3 comments:

Allie in AZ said...

Oh, I get to be first?? Yay! I love the idea of a Blankinship blog, if only we could share Sunday night pizza and fellowship over the computer too...

Cass and the pink sand...what a girly girl. God is getting a good chuckle out of us and our girly-girls.

Glad that you are enjoying Florida so much and taking full advantage of the local sights.

Okay, kids just got home from school and now begins the madness of homework and soccer practice and dinner and bathtime and bedime!

Love ya my friend,
Allie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Count me in as a faithful reader. :)

Looks like y'all had a great day. Give those sweet kiddos a hug for me.

Love y'all,
Tamra

Gram Ava said...

Yea! Another way to share news of my Florida family. We are separated by many miles but we span those miles in lots of ways! I will love this blog. The Lord has blessed us. Hug my Reed and Cassidy for Gram.
Love you,
Gram Ava