Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, dear Randy...Happy Birthday to You!








We had Randy's 40th Fiesta tonight! We had a great time of food and fellowship. Randy and I realize how blessed we are to have Christian friends who love us and treat us like family! Please note the beautiful boquet of black roses the Michaelson's brought Randy - you can't see the spiderwebs in the picture, but they are there!

We served fajitas - made by people in San Antonio who know what fajitas are supposed to taste like! Thanks, Mom for packing frozen HEB marinated fajitas in your luggage for me. Everyone raved about how good they are!

Randy requested the chocolate sheet cake his Mom always made so well. It was definitely a favorite of both of us. Glenda wrote her recipe down for me, so I have all the instructions. If only instructions were all I needed. The cake tasted good, but it wouldn't win any beauty contests. Somehow, I always mess up the icing. But the good news is...it was nothing a little ice cream couldn't cover!

In all seriousness, I am so blessed to have Randy in my life. He is an amazing Christian man who loves me and our children so well. He takes good care of us in all ways!

1 comment:

C said...

Arwen!

Michael just sent me the link to your blog. My gosh, the kids are so big, and so CUTE!!

Hugs to all of you!

Christine Moers