Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ice Cream Truck











The ice cream truck makes an occasional pass through our neighborhood. Today was the first time of the season! Of course, being major aficianados of ice cream, we ran outside and flagged it down. The kids each got to enjoy a popsicle: Cassidy's was Bubblegum Swirl and Reed's was Cotton Candy Swirl. I have only one word to say about those flavors...Gross!
I do love the excitement and fun of the ice cream truck. We didn't have one that came down our street in the boonies growing up and I remember lamenting that fact. We all tried to make up for it by buying lots of ice cream "up the hill" at River Bend. Not to mention, Mom kept us well stocked in the ice cream department. Alas though, being the sucker I am, I usually say yes to the kiddos whenever we hear the tinkly song cruising past our house! They are forced to limit themselves to $1.00 each though. I think I score alot of brownie points for a buck each!

5 comments:

Pa David said...

Howdy,

Super pictures! I am enjoying the blog. I hope I have figured out how to leave a comment. We have beautiful weather here today after some rough storms. I sent the morning plumbing, with success I am happy to report. Now off to Sam's Club to pick up supplies for church building and fellowships.

Love, Pa David

grandebbie said...

Good morning! This blog is great! Sorry it's taken me so long to "get with it"! :) I love the pictures and all the news and happenings at the Blankinship compound. I'm off to shop this morning for the paints for Cassidy's name... fun! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the list :)
Give those kiddos a hug! We miss them!!
Love, Grandebbie
(by the way... the ice cream truck used to come through my neighborhood when I was a kid... the ice creams were 6 cents... sorry Arwen!! :)

grandebbie said...

This is a test

Pa David said...

This is another test. We are having problems posting this morning. Nothing is ever simple.

Pa David said...

Well, seems we have figured out the system but don't know why the posted time is two hours off. Our computer clock is correct. ?????