Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cassidy's "Actual" Birthday

Flowers from her Daddy on her birthday!
Listening to someone singing "Happy Birthday".
The cupcakes. Well, as you can see, I didn't miss my calling as a cake decorator. My saving grace is that Cassidy isn't very discerning...she thought they were "beautiful!" Her birthday cake is going to just be pink...I'm done piping icing for this birthday!
Talking to Gram Ava on the web cam
Grandma Jane picked out the perfect birthday cards...
stickers for her pink fingernails!
Pa David and Gran Debbie sent a "gorgeous" purple boa...
doesn't everyone need one of these?!

The pink sheets.
Paul and Lori gave Cassidy a pink ballerina outfit! It is a big twirly hit! I, too, am quite happy with it as it means that Cassidy's Halloween costume can be checked off my list! Thanks, guys!
Note: Yes, I am in the background WEARING(not choking myself despite how it may look) the purple boa...you know you would too!

Cassidy enjoyed a great day on her "actual" birthday. She LOVED getting all of the phone calls from family. I heard her on more than one occasion demanding someone sing "Happy Birthday" again. I saved all of the singing messages, so she has been able to listen them at will. We also enjoyed the web cam visit from Gram Ava - thanks for working out all the kinks, Mom!
Randy had flowers for her when she woke up Tuesday morning and the 3 of us sang to her. She and I spent a quiet day at the house fielding phone calls, painting our toenails and her fingernails pink, and making cupcakes for her family party that evening. Paul and Lori came over for our special dinner of spaghetti and meatballs (Cassidy calls herself the Princess of Spaghetti) and birthday cupcakes. Then Cassidy got to open the presents from us, cards and gifts from family and Paul and Lori's gift. All in all, she had a great day and was one tired princess when she drifted off to sleep in new pink jammies and sheets (courtesy of Mom, Dad and Reed). Her birthday party is this coming Saturday...more pictures will follow.

2 comments:

Smiles from the Road said...

What a blessing to be able to share Cassidy's 4 year old birthday - on the phone, the web cam and the blog! I loved hearing her say "Sing Happy Birthday again, Gram!" Thanks for the blog and all the wonderful b-day pics and memories!
Love you,
Gram Ava

Chera said...

Sounds like a fun birthday!!