Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tae Kwan Do

Getting into place on the mats.
Reed getting some instruction in how to do a sit up martial arts style (think a loud "yah" and hand slaps to the mat).
Practicing a move
Finishing the move.
I'm thinking he was supposed to stay standing after knocking his opponent (the cutie blond girl) down, but Reed thinks falling down is much more fun.
Duh.

I thought a color change was needed from all the pink of the previous 2 posts and the one still to come! So here are some pictures of Reed at his weekly Tae kwan do class. It is a program offered through various local churches and meets only once a week for one hour. The class size is rather large and one hour is not long enough to actually have a really "meaty" class, but it is fun for Reed and that was my criteria! As a matter of fact, just watching his class has (in the words of Jerry Clower) "flung a cravin' on me!" Hmm...maybe I could be a martial arts momma?!?

2 comments:

The Stringers said...

Okay, I'm curious to know how many people get the Jerry Clower reference! Believe it or not, I did. Dad was a big fan...

grandebbie said...

Hey... I'm all about the Jerry Clower reference...being from Georgia and all!! My favorite Jerry Clower expression... "Just shoot up here amongst us... one of us has got to have some relief!!" That one comes from a coon hunting story although I've used it frequently in my classroom!:)
GranDebbie