Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Cassidy!

Brand new Cassidy!


Already blazing fashion trails!

Cassidy...sometime during the first year or so. Isn't she stunning?
Oh...that smile!
Pirate Cassidy!
Lovin' her brother!

Holding the kill...a week before her second birthday!
Daddy brought her flowers for her second birthday. He has some hidden in the laundry room to give to her tomorrow at breakfast.
2 years old in the pumpkin patch.
My fairy princess.
A leprechaun...she is certainly mischevious enough.


Cassidy at her 3rd birthday party.
Last Halloween...she wanted to be a cowgirl princess.
I'm thinking it ended up looking a bit more like a dance hall girl...yikes!
In her best princess attire.
Holding the alligator...she's no shrinking violet!
Cassidy and her favorite brother!

This post has been so fun for me! I have so enjoyed going back and looking at pictures of sweetie Cassidy as baby. Unfortunately, I don't have very many distinctive memories of her as an infant (I'm blaming her 2 year old brother who was involved in many a "shenanigan"), so looking at her pictures is so wonderful to jog my memory. I know I included entirely too many, but...its my blog!

I've said it before, but Cassidy is an amazing little girl. She is one big whirlwind of energy. Everyone knows when Cass has arrived! She takes a lot of energy to parent, but she has the sweetest heart. She is a happy little girl...mischievous at times, but always happy. And I can say with confidence, she is usually operating under the assumption that whatever she is doing or getting into is going to make you happy too. That is not always the case, but her little joyful heart is in the right place!

Randy and I feel so blessed to be allowed to be her parents - from the moment we knew we were going to have a baby, to finding out it was a little girl, to when she made her entrance into this world and to this moment when she is (finally) sleeping peacefully in her bed-we are honored that God chose us to raise this amazingly loving little girl.

We know she is going to grow up to do great things for her God. We pray for His wisdom in guiding her in the paths He has chosen for her. We pray for His safeguards and hedges in her life, health, emotions and soul. I(being a girl and knowing how difficult this will be) pray that she keep her self confident assurance that everyone must love her and be glad to see her - even when she has grown older and gets her feelings hurt. But above all, Randy and I fervently pray and parent so that Cassidy will grow up to be a warrior for Christ and choose Him above all else.

Well, I have to end this post. I need to wash and dry the pink sheets we got for Cassidy's bed. She's going to love them...they're pink. Her birthday party Saturday (you'll see this in the pictures) is one big PINK extravaganza! Did I mention that Cassidy is a rough and tumble, rag-tag, GIRLY GIRL who loves all things pink and sparkly? And if you know me you may be wondering how this happened. I know. Because God is a good God who knows exactly what we need and how to stretch us...well, that and I think He is occasionally chuckling at my expense.


Happy Birthday to my little Cassidy! I love you!





3 comments:

Smokey said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy!

We are so excited that you are a great big 4 years old!

We wish you all the pink and sparkly your parents can stand!

Love you,

Uncle Mark and Aunt Tamra

Chera said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy! You and Randy are amazing parents and God knew just who to put Cassidy with!! ;o)

Rhonda said...

your posts once again are "chicken soup for my soul". Happy Birthday, sweet Cassidy. Your pictures make me smile--your smile and spirit are contagious.

Arwen-thanks again for sharing you blog..it too glorifies God and encourages me.