Sunday, September 28, 2008

Animal Kingdom

At the Nemo show
Standing in front of Mt. Everest
The Blankinships in front of the "Tree of Life"
Reed playing the drums in Africa
Obviously, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a diver picture.

We went...we saw...we conquered! Yep, we used the last of our 4 day Disney passes yesterday at Animal Kingdom. I'm not going to say that Randy and I high-fived each other as we left the park last night - glad that we were done with Disney for a while...but we did. I know...we're fuddy-duddies and probably the only people in the whole world who don't just LOVE Disney.



In all truthfulness, we enjoyed many aspects of it. We definitely enjoyed how much fun the kids had. I think it is just such an expensive day...tickets, food, trinkets. And you have to battle so many people. Hmmm...two of my least favorite things...expensive AND crowded. So, label us however you wish, but we are probably done with Disney for a while. But I'm getting ready to campaign for Sea World!



We crammed a lot of activities into yesterday. The weather was perfect. The boys rode on the roller coaster Expedition Everest twice. Cassidy and I stuck to the Flying Triceratops ride (think the Dumbo ride, but with a friendly looking triceratops). We all rode the Dinosaur ride which was loud, jarring and very dark. Cassidy absolutely LOVED it...Reed said "it scared the pants of him." He doesn't mind hurtling at high speeds, but the huge dinos got him. Go figure. We also all rode the Kali River Rapids ride. In case you were wondering, I could not have been more wet if the nice Disney employees had just picked me up and dunked me in the water. COMPLETELY SOAKED...like dripping wet with see-through khaki shorts! Not one of my finer moments. But hey, I dried out...in 3 HOURS!



We saw the 3-D Bug's Life show. I drug everyone to the Nemo Musical, the Lion King show and Pocohontas and her Forest Friends show. I enjoyed them all thoroughly. Randy may have grumbled a bit...I think I heard a few comments about men in tights. But he was a trooper!



So there you have it.

3 comments:

Chera said...

You are so LUCKY to be so close to Disney! I would love to go again someday...I haven't been there since 5th grade. We just got back from Sea World and the whole day was EXPENSIVE...ugh! But, the kids loved it and the shows were fantastic! They're begging for Disney next year...we'll see if we can save up that much money...how much should we aim for? ;o(

Becky said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good time! It looks like a ton of fun! Cass is my girl for loving roller coasters and Reed and I both love going fast! Love you lots
Becky

Tamra said...

This looks like such fun!!! I am also pumped to see I finally ranked in your blog list. I've arrived!!!

Love y'all muchos!