Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fishing the Flats

Reed and a little gag grouper. We released him quickly so he can grow big enough for us to eat some other day!
My little tree frog!
Check out my HUGE sea bass...not. Incidentally, this is the only fish I caught that day that was NOT a pin fish. But I had fun anyway.
Randy with a gag grouper...isn't he cute? Randy, not the grouper.
Reed and the needle(?) fish.
I can't believe I've forgotten the name of this fish and Randy is in Puerto Rico and Reed is at school. I'm sure if I am wrong someone will let me know. By the way, despite the strangle hold my son has on the fish, it did survive.

We had a great time Saturday on Paul and Lori's boat. We spent a couple of hours fishing and then a hour or so swimming before heading in. We saw a couple of dolphins jumping/playing quite near the boat and we also had a bonnet head shark swim by...but I didn't have the camera ready. There were quite a few sea urchins and spider crabs at the place we went swimming. It was neat to see them up close. Of course, my little crab-boy Reed had to fill up a bucket with spider crabs. He had fun. Thanks Paul and Lori for the fun afternoon.

1 comment:

Chera said...

Looks like fun!! ;o)