Saturday, May 24, 2008

Magic Kingdom - Gram Ava Style!

By the castle with Gram Ava
The Buzz Lightyear ride...a family favorite!
Gram and Cass on the Dumbo ride
I Popsicle break!
Reed was chosen to be Maurice(Belle's papa) during the Story time with Belle presentation. He was so cute!

Mom and I bravely took Reed and Cassidy to Magic Kingdom this past Tuesday (in honor of Becky's birthday...hee hee). We had a great time! The park was not as crowded and the weather was very cooperative...overcast all morning. We were given "DreamPasses" as part of Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams". This lady just handed them to us as we exited the Winnie the Pooh ride. The passes allowed us to go to the front of the line at the more popular rides once and at the time of our choosing instead of having to get a "Fast Pass" with a time slot. It was really cool. Reed rode Space Mountain twice! I took him the first time...I was very nervous for both he and I. I, incidentally, yelled myself hoarse while my 5 year old son laughed his way through the ride. After we rode, we went out and found Mom and Cassidy and then he and Gram Ava went back in to ride it again. It took the ol' Mommy a few minutes to get my "sea legs" back. Cassidy was truly devastated that she didn't get to ride the big roller coaster. She was appeased once we all rode Splash Mountain. By the way, the person sitting in the front of the "log" on the right side is the ONLY one to get really wet...think dripping face and sopping rear. And yes, I KNOW this first hand. All in all, we had a great time! Thanks Mom for going with us!

1 comment:

Smiles from the Road said...

It was a wonderful day seeing Magic Kingdom thru Reed and Cassidy's eyes!
The Dream Pass gave us a VIP feel to the whole day! Of course, I loved "It's a Small World".
Thanks for a great trip to Florida!
Love,
Gram Ava