Saturday, May 31, 2008

Canoeing Terra Ceia Bay


Paddling in the bay

Fighting a big one!
Showing off the catch...carefully!
I don't really need to explain what is going on in this picture, do I?
Cassidy and some sea stars!



Randy, Reed, Cassidy and I spent a very enjoyable afternoon in the canoe paddling and fishing around Terra Ceia Bay. The kids were the only ones to catch fish. Cassidy and the Scooby Doo pole conquered many a pinfish and Reed fought and caught 2 rather large hard head catfish with his weenie 4-lb test. I scored a big zero on the fish front, as did the husband, but we did do all the paddling. To my credit, I only asked once how much a 4 horse power engine would cost! Also to my credit, Reed, Cassidy and I came away from the afternoon SUNBURN FREE. One person is not on that list because he was responsible for sunscreening his own knees...'nough said.

4 comments:

Pa David said...

Way to go, Reed!!! Give those hard heads a fit!! Cassidy, we are most impressed with your fashion sense...even while afloat!! Arwen, I will expect to see a set of well-defined triceps on this visit to Florida ... and Randy, sorry about those knees!

Can't wait to see you guys :)
Love ya!
Pa David and Grandebbie

Chera said...

Remember me? My ex, Stephen, and I met ya'll while visiting Mark's family in Weslaco many years ago! Your kiddos are so cute! How's Florida??

Tamra said...

Looks like y'all are having big times left and right! I'm totally jealous!!!

Love to you all. :)

Smiles from the Road said...

We love seeing the canoe that held Arwen and siblings at Reed's age being put to such good use! I too wondered about a motor. Way to go Reed and Cassidy. Way to paddle Arwen and Randy. May you have lots more exploration fun! (and catch fish for supper).
Love you all,
Gram Ava